Tuesday 2 December 2014

Surgical staples removed

I've just come back from the doctors to have my staples removed. I have to say, I never thought it would be so painful! I totally hadn't prepared for it at all, as I thought it be nothing.
At one point it felt like I was being ripped open and I went all sweaty and hot!!! 

She started with my head and apparently the clips had some scabbing over them so they were difficult to remove. I asked her to do my chest next, as I stupidly thought that would be easy as it was flat, I was wrong! This was the worst!!!!! My stomach though was easy, as she could move the skin to help get the staples out.
So, at 12 days post op, the incisions looks good and apparently very neat.




I am now finding it more difficult than I was to lift things right handed and stretch, as the incision is so tender and feels like it's ripping. Am sure that will sort itself out eventually but for now it's not what I expected!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment