Friday 12 December 2014

I am now switched on....

The past 3 days I have finally had the courage to turn the implant on!
It's strange but not horrid. 
The first program I used, number 3, I seemed to get used to within a few minutes, so I turned it up, but then couldn't feel that after a little either. Strangely though, I could feel it more if I tilted my head to the right, rested my head against the sofa or the oddest one, had the wand and remote connected to the battery! 

Today I tried a different program, number 5, but within a coule of minutes I had to change it, as it was too sharp despite being on the lowest level. I changed it to program 4, which is a more 'tappy' but again I have got used to over a short while and then barely feel it.
I am not sure yet how well it is helping with the ON pain, as with all the other pain and recovery, I don't know that I'm experiencing higher levelled ON pain . And the lower level constant pain I feel seems masked by the stiffness and surgery discomfort that I am still feeling.

The incisions though are looking a lot better. The chest one looks amazing and I can tell will eventually be barely noticeable. The one at the back of my head is still raised but is neat and I still have numbness between it and my war. My stomach incision is neat but still puckered and odd shaped. It might be getting slightly better but it's hard to tell' 
Chest

Head

Stomach

No comments:

Post a Comment