Saturday 27 December 2014

Starting to do 'normal' everyday things once again!

Things are gradually getting back to normal now. 
I managed to do up my trousers for Christmas day for a few hours and it wasn't as bad as I thought to sit down with them done up. They were the jeans that I wore to hospital, so aren't tight around the waist but still, it's a start. 

I went into town today, just for an hour. It was a struggle, as I hadn't realised that I need to walk slow as my legs pull on my stomach if I stretch my legs too far. And it's difficult to turn wearing shoes, as the grip they have on the floor cause extra pressure on my stomach too!
I actually ended up being forced to drive for 5 minutes on Christmas day, as my boyfriend had had a few drinks and had totally forgotten that I hadn't been able to drive. Apart from pulling out of the space and then parking, I managed to steer left handed, so I coped. Not sure I'll be rushing to drive just yet though. The pulling was very uncomfortable!

I also have had a few moments where my chest scar has felt like I was stabbed instantaneously. Today, I even dropped my cutlery because of it, as I was in the middle of dinner.

I have been retrying the other programs in my stimulator but they are still either too powerful and feel too much pressure or they are pinchy and uncomfortable. I can cope with program 4 but only low but then I can't rely feel it. So still, program 3 is basically all I have got. 
I'm not sure to what extent it is helping with my ON pain. I know it is helping with the low level pain at the back of my head and head pain in the front temple area. They are fairly every day levels of pain and the stimulator seems to ensure that I don't feel or notice them pretty quickly. I'm not sure that I've experienced any higher levels of pain to test the stimulator against as of yet! 

The scars are looking pretty good now. 
My hair is growing back fast and to be honest it covers a lot of the bumpy areas where I can feel the lead and wires. The scar is very neat but the area next to it is still raised and numb.

The right hand half of this scar is quite raised and I think it rubs on clothing, causing a prickly sensation. 


I know I have put on a little bit of weight around my stomach area, probably also lost some muscle definition but the scar here is looking straighter and less indented than ever. I'm feeling a lot happier about it now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment