Wednesday 5 June 2013

What next......?!!


Well...it seems that there are now a few plans in place to gain some kind of hope for my future!
All I want is normality....the chance to plan things in my life without the worry!

Plan B: My consultant has now written a letter to the medical team that denied me the stimulator implant, to state that occipital neuralgia is a form of chronic migraine, as having a chronic headache/migraine is what ON is!! This could put Plan A back into the equation.
I don't hold out much hope on this plan, but its worth a try!

Plan C: I have been put onto my consultant's NHS waiting list, but this also needs funding to be applied for. He says there are 100 people currently on the list waiting for funding for different conditions....so I bet that's never gonna happen then!! :(

Plan D: If there isn't any funding available in Bristol, then he will transfer me to a different area that does have funding. I mentioned St. Thomas' INPUT pain management course, as I have heard about this through the UK occipital neuralgia support group that I set up on facebook, and it is a possibility if need be.

So..................in the meantime, it looks like I will be getting the temporary procedure that involves PRFA as well as injecting local anaesthetic in the muscle, in the hope of decompressing it away from the nerve. Apparently this will be next week! I hope so, as I cant go on like this. I feel like I am not who I used to be. I used to strive to be the best I could at my job...and now I am just happy to be in the background and can barely be there from day to day. It is an acheivement to make it though a day, let alone a school term.

No comments:

Post a Comment