Monday 5 September 2016

3 months post op

It's been a total roller coaster.
As always your brain forgets how bad things actually were, but I know they were bad. I was losing hope a little bit and thinking I would never see a normal day.
However I have had a couple of weeks without much bad pain, just the standard low level pain that I can manage. I still find it painful to put my hair up and I still have a numb yet painfully sensitive area on the whole right back side of my scalp.
The last few days haven't been so good. Not the severe sharp pulling pain I had but now a quick sharp stab occasionally in the middle of the right hand side of the back of my head. This goes make me wince or move but it is gone very quickly. I also have a developing sense of ache, that feels like I have been frowning continuously. It begins to hurt the front of my head and forehead area, and gets wore as the day goes on!

I am now worried to change my program setting, as i haven't even linked up to the remote since then. I was worried that I might lose the good setting I have going. I know that is crazy, as I can surely just put it back into the program and level I have it on now and essentially it will be just as good. But it did take 3 days to settle and help, so I feel like I would have that wait again. And I don't want that!

All least things are better than they were. I just couldn't see the end before and was worried about to planning anything.
Now I can see that there is hope.
Annoyingly the stimulator was the key to sorting out that hideous pain that I had since the operation but it just felt so new and different!!
Anyway, now I can move forward and know that things can be better than I hoped. And maybe when I get the confidence to play with other programs, then I might find something even better!
Who knows??!! 

Update on incisions:
My stomach scar is really good.
I have recently been on holiday so happily allowed the sun to help disguise the scar and blend it in. It can barely be seen in any photos and it doesn't cause me much trouble. Occasionally I feel that it is there when something presses into it, or I lay a certain way on my tummy. It's not pain but just a different feeling.

My head incision is ok. It's not very noticeable but it is more lumpy than the previous scar. It is raised more at the top. The circle of excess wire is far less protruding than before, so that's good. However, it's still difficult to itch that area because the wires cover a large part of the neck here.
My hair is growing fast. But is quite an annoying length now. Can't put it up and it's noticeably cut! Oh well, it will grow.

My chest though is a different story....it really aches and hurts when anything presses against. Lying on my stomach for a massage or on the beach was really sore, as it pushes my breast up into that area which seems to push the implant up too. This hurts!
Also the actual scar isn't great. There is a small part in the middle which is normal but the rest is hypertrophic. This means the scar tissue has overgrown due to too much collagen. This makes it super sensitive, which twinges and gives stabbing pain when anything brushes against it, or sometimes even just on is own. I have always rubbed rose hip oil onto it, but this hurts. I guess it is healed now but it doesn't look great.
I am going to mention this to my GP who I am seeing this afternoon. I hope there is something more than the healan tape I tried last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment