Sunday 3 May 2015

Waiting on next appointment.....

So, after a lot of messing around with appointment dates, I have now got a date to be reprogrammed as well as to see my consultant about the battery flipping issues. Not too long to wait, as is the 6th May!!
I really don't know what to expect from the appointment. I just hope he doesn't suggest its something I'll have to put up with, like he has with the other little issues like the ear numbers/pain and the raised scarring. I can not live with this!! I am already becoming used to the awful feeling and the potential for it moving constantly. I have noticed that I often hold my stomach now to help stop the battery moving forward! That is not something I want to do forever!! I have also discovered that my hip seems to hit the bottom of the battery which also pushes it out when I bend forwards. 
I guess I shall just have to wait and see what is suggested.

I am also going to get his opinion on potentially going part time. I know he feels that his patients should be able to continue with their life as before, but my job is so much more stressful than it was 7 years ago and so reducing stress surely reduces more of the triggers for my worse ON pain days.

I'll update after the appointment in a few days time.

No comments:

Post a Comment