Tuesday 20 October 2015

Lost my way!

Over the past few months I have beaten myself up about "not being me", knowing that I don't appear to cope with things the same way as usual. 
I seem to get really annoyed and angered by things easily. This can be because of change (which I hate at the best of times), people, choices, planning or organising things. I even seem to be running my life by time limits in which I should have finished or completed something, even simple things like shopping.
Recently this has culminated in me having crying melt downs, often before work in the morning. And just to make it clear, I am not normally that type of person. 

Anyway, after much support from friends who insisted I saw my GP, the appointment I made weeks ago finally came round. 
I didn't know how I would explain or how it would come out, but it seems I rabbited on about everything and got very emotional.
This was the GP I had sought out to be understanding and supportive ....and she was! 
She believes I am suffering stress and anxiety, which is also making my OCD worse too. She agreed with me that it seems to be since returning to work after the operation, back in February/March time. She also said that anxiety often comes alongside chronic pain, that's it's not uncommon. 
I have been referred to the pain clinic, in the hope that CBT may help me get myself back again. 

For me, now I've thought about it, this has been going on a long time. I fight it, and have been a lot, but really I know that's not the normal me. I think that it's because I feel I haven't got that hope to fight for/wish for/wait for, as I have had the operation, the permanent stimulator, that was my best hope! I always had something, in the future, that I was waiting for, whether that was a nerve block, PRF or the stim. I always had the next plan. I just had to be patient. I just had to make it to then.
Now, I don't know what the future holds. I don't know what I am holding on for. I don't know what is going to happen anymore. 
So therefore, I am lost!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment